Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Take a little off the left



There is a first for everything, and today I had a first. Other than an occasional snip of my sisters' bangs or the decapitation of my barbies' locks, today was the first time I cut someone's hair. We've started self-portraits in my art class. During our critique yesterday, Mr. Grandi, after looking at Sean's project, mentioned that his shoulder-length hair, rather than his actual appearance, was becoming his physical identity. Today I challenged Sean in a similar way. I proded him, all in a friendly nature of course, about being emotionally attached to his hair and the danger of being in that state of mind. To prove me wrong, Sean had me and another classmate cut his hair. Kevin got most of the length off and I went in for the layers and texturing so that he wouldn't look like a little girl. This was all done with a pair of kindergartener-suitable scissors. I have to say it was invigorating. Sean loved it and now I know what kind of business I'll be going into. pshaw.

4 comments:

Hernandos said...

Hey girl! So glad you are in the blog world!!! You are now the third chase on my blog roll!!!!Love you big time!

Kara said...

you need to update!

when things are slow at work, browsing blogs is one of the ways i keep myself entertained

Anonymous said...

your sister is very much so right! ha! we love your words...! happy valentine's day lovely! :o)
riley.

Eric said...

Im next!!
But if you mess it up.
Im never gonna talk to you again.
Although I probably will.
But I will be slightly angry with you.